Head Knee Replacement University Hospital ,Munich,Germany.
Visiting consultant – Department of Orthopedics & Sports Medicine (Germany)
- Qualification: FRC (Germany & Switzerland), Specialist in Sport Medicine and Shoulder/Hip and Ankle arthroscopy
- Experience: 26 years of experience in Orthopedics and Sports Medicine
- Gender: Male
- Language: English, German
- Hospital :Germanten Hospitals
Dr V Martinek is one of the renowned Orthopedic surgeons, with almost three decades of experience and is a pioneer in the field of Joint Replacement & Sports Injuries in Germany. He did his graduation from LM University Munich. He has done his M.Ch. in Orthopedics from Technical University Munich. He received Fellowship in knee surgery from Basel, Switzerland & fellowship in sports medicine research from University Pittsburgh under Prof. Freddie Fu.
He is well-known for his clinical and surgical decision making skills. He has conducted more than thousands of surgeries which includes arthroscopies, arthroplasty, Minimally Invasive Joint replacement surgeries as well as autologous cartilage implantation.
Dr. Martinek was one of the first surgeons to start revision joint replacement and performed the FIRST Arthroscopic surgery in shoulder, elbow and wrist disorders in the state. He has the largest series of biological ACL and revision ACL and multi-ligament reconstructions in the state among the pioneers in primary and revision joint replacement in the country. Dr. Martinek has published numerous articles in peer- reviewed journals.
Other Educational / Professional Activities
- Guest lecturer for Czech, Bulgarian, Macedonian, Serbian Orthopaedic Societies
- Sports medicine since 1996
- Cryotherapy since 1997
- Orthopaedic board examination since 2000
- AGA-Instructor since 2001
- Orthopaedic/Traumatology board examination since 2008
- Listed under best knee expert in the Focus list since 2006
- Member of the medical teaching staff at the University Rostock since 2006
- International Editorial Board of Orthopedic (CZ)
- Reviewer of Knee Surgery, Sports Traumatology, Arthroscopy (ESSKA)
- Reviewer of Clinical Orthopedics and Related Research (CORR)
- Reviewer of Journal of Physiological Research
- Active member of AGA Research Komite
- Head of the work group for Osteosynthesis of DGOOC