Knee replacement or knee arthroplasty is a common surgical procedure where the worn surfaces of the knee bones are replaced. A prosthesis is created for replicating the movement of a healthy joint and placed on the knee bones. Here are the types of Knee replacement procedures:
- Total Knee Replacement – In this, all the parts of the knee’s surface are replaced with a prosthesis. Everything from the lower end of the thigh bone, kneecap, and upper end of the shin bone is replaced.
- Partial Knee Replacement – In this procedure, only the damaged part of the knee is replaced. This can be the kneecap, inner side, or outer side. The damaged tissues are removed and replaced with a prosthesis, the man-made implants.
- Revision Knee Surgery – This procedure involves removing the old prostheses and replacing it with a new one.
At Germanten Hospital, we provide the best knee replacement procedure because we have:
- A highly-trained, experienced, and skilled team of doctors and medical staff.
- The state-of-the-art infrastructure that matches the best hospitals in the world.
- Optimized services to provide the best medical care to our patients.
- The staff that is committed to taking care of our patients.
- A special help cell designed specifically for overseas patients.
- Advanced surgical techniques for almost painless knee replacement procedures.
- A conclusive environment that fastens the post-operative rehabilitation process.
The most common procedure for hip replacement is the Total Hip Replacement surgery in which the painful joint from the hip is removed surgically. It is replaced with an artificial joint of metal alloy and plastic components. Once the surgery is completed, you will be able to walk comfortably without any pain. However, this procedure is recommended only when pain-relieving medicines and other procedures are not able to provide relief from the pain. Total Hip Replacement is the second most common surgery for joint replacement, only behind the Total Knee Replacement. It is also a super successful surgery along with Coronary Artery Bypass Graft Surgery and Total Knee Replacement.
At Germanten Hospital, we have a team of surgeons and medical staff who have the experience of over 10,000 Hip Replacement surgeries that are performed using German Precision. It is recommended for anyone suffering from a painful hip joint or hip arthritis. The procedure is performed in the traditional manner and through the Minimally Invasive technique.
Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement surgery
In the Minimally Invasive Total Hip Replacement surgery, small incisions are made in the patient’s body against the cuts made during the traditional method. One or two incisions will be made that are between 2 to 5 inches long. Also, the incisions are made on the hip’s side to expose the muscles connected to the thigh bone or top of the femur. The ball of the femur, a part of the hip joint, is also removed and replaced using a prosthetic ball. The socket from the pelvic bones is also replaced and fixed using bone cement. If there is any damaged cartilage between the socket and the ball, it will also be removed.
Minimally Invasive approach is preferred for Total Hip Replacement as it reduces pain and blood loss during the procedure. This means that you will heal faster and have a shorter hospital stay. However, only experienced doctors can perform this procedure because if it is not performed with expertise and the utmost care, the outcome for the minimally invasive approach will be worse than that of standard surgery.
The technologies available at the Germanten Hospital for Total Hip Replacement are:
- State of the Art class100 OTs with Hepa Filters
- Performing the surgery using the Zero technique
- Wide range of Microbiology and Pathology
- Imaging and Radiology services
At the Germanten Hospital, we have the following amenities available for the patients;
- Best in class surgeons
- Skilled aestheticians
- Qualified and well-trained physiotherapists
- Modern Intensive care
We are the pioneer in popularizing new standards, bringing the beam of hope to our
patients with a year’s of legacy in orthopedic.
We are a prominent Hip replacement hospital located in Hyderabad with research collaboration
with Germany having multiple success stories in Hip replacement surgery. A visionary & founder
of our hospital, with intention of providing quality health services. Dr. Mir Jawad Zar Khan’s
name goes hand in hand with Hip replacement Surgery. Dr. Mir Jawad Zar Khan introduced a
sophisticated “Zero Technique” with Robotic and Computer Navigation Surgery for Hip joint
replacement in India for the first time. Germanten Hospitals has the most modern and
sophisticated class100 Laminar operation theatres for strict prevention of infection. Today, our
Hospital is the best in class Hip Replacement Centre, the best Hip Replacement Hospital.
We are a hospital inspired by Germany with perfection and precision at the core of everything we do. We are obsessed with quality and we believe in doing things right. We have embodied the German ethos of perfection and precision Our collaboration with German doctors brings sophisticated technology and procedures to India for the best healthcare services. We score a perfect 10 when it comes to German Clinical technology and procedures. A perfect 10/10 in healthcare services. We bring in uncompromising standards, in excellence At Germanten, we are engineering healthcare services – combining a legacy of healthcare expertise and German precision. We are Germanten, Delivering 10/10 in clinical practices
GE Health Care TATA training Center of Excellence for Operation Theater Technician & Paramedical Staff